Birmingham Airport is the seventh busiest airport in the U.K and it is located at a distance of five and a quarters miles from south-east of Birmingham city. The airport has the capacity of handling more than 8.5 million passengers and it is the base for airlines such as Ryan air, Thomas Cook Airlines, Monarch Airways, Flybe, BMI and Bmi Baby. It operates flights regularly to domestic and international destinations. The international destinations are locations in Europe, the Indian Subcontinent, Middle East, North America and the Caribbean.
What You Should Be Aware At The Birmingham Airport
When you are in Birmingham Airport, you should know what to do so that you can carry out your check in formalities on time and enjoy many of the facilities offered at the airport. Here is a look at what you should know when you are inside the airport:
- Check in 90 minutes prior to the departure of the airline. Get all your travel documents ready, so that you can show them at various counters as you pass through them on your way to the boarding lounge
- Make use of baggage trolley to move your baggage to the check in counter. In case of unusual baggage, you can always make use of baggage wrapping facilities to wrap and protect them so that they reach the destination safely
- There are shops after the check-in point where you can enjoy duty-free shopping. You can enjoy eating in quality restaurants, buying books etc, during your time here
- There is a business point, wi-fi center where you can carry out conferencing and communication before taking your flight
- If you are a first class passenger make use of your airline’ lounge benefits to enjoy fine quality staying experience during your time in the airport
- If you have requested for a handling agent to manage your matter, approach your airline handling agent to complete your formalities and enjoy all the luxuries that the airline has to offer
- Keep your travel documents safely after you clear customs and other formalities inside the airport
- Make sure that the baggage tags are properly secured to your hand baggage. The airport offers detailed information on baggage allowance which must be read in detail so that you understand how much hand luggage you can carry.
If you are going on a weekend trip or a trip that lasts for a couple of days, park your car in the airport long stay car parking facility. Additionally the airport also offers valet car parking, short term car parking, drop and go parking facility and medium stay facility, which are available in various sections around the airport.
You can make an online booking prior to your trip to enjoy reduced rates on car parking tickets. There are special blue bay areas, where people with disabilities can park their car at ease and reach the airport terminals for their check-in. They can make use of yellow telephones for assistance or opt for valet or meet and greet service to make their transit to the airport terminal much easier.